Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Place to Call Home

I apologize for not updating this in awhile but things have really taken off here in Paris!  I can't thank Maureen and her family enough for making me feel so welcome here my first week.  It's always nice to go to a new city, especially when you don't know the language, and have people there that can lend you a hand and help you adjust to the lifestyle.  Although Maureen is no longer here in Paris, I wish her safe travels in Australia!


I haven't had a lot of time to explore all of the beautiful arrondissements this past week, but I can say that I am quite lucky to be living in the Montmartre area.  I am absolutely in love with all of the cafes and boulangeries that are literally steps from my flat.  Pain au chocolat, anyone?  And I can't forget about the amazing hot chocolate — the fresh melted chocolate and two little sugar cubes make it all worthwhile.  Enough about food, I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on a regular basis!

More later!











No comments:

Post a Comment